Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cakes Cakes Cakes





Whew - keeping up has been impossible! And when I say keeping up, I mean: keeping up with blogging, friends, work, sleep, exercise, laundry, grocery shopping, and just about anything else you can think of. 9 wedding cakes last weekend and 16 (!!!) coming up this weekend. More dishes and pans than I thought possible. More icing than I thought possible. Hundreds of pounds of cake a week. Can you tell I'm grinning from ear to ear? I LOVE it.




Every week I call the city and say "they didn't pick up the recycle" and they say "oh yeah, there's a note from the driver - it wasn't out" and I say, "oh yes it was 'cause I put it there myself and walked past if for three days straight" and they say "oh, we'll send a truck today." Good lord. . . .


At least once a week we're getting requests for special flavors - I love that part! We've done peanut butter filling in a chocolate cake; mexican chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse; vanilla bean buttercream (with the flecks); chocolate and cayenne filling; bananas foster cake - banana cake with rum custard and caramel filling; etc. Next week is a possible green tea cake.

Oh yeah - the COOLEST thing is I get discounts at kitchen supply stores now - oh man is that ever dangerous!!!
More to come . . . .

No comments: